Friday, January 6, 2012

Dream 01-06-12

Started out at some kind of service kiosk. Dad was standing there with me for a while before he left. I was dropping a car off to get something fixed. It was a slow day so the lady was able to fit me in immediately. She started saying something about natural disasters and so I chatted with her for a bit. There were some teenagers. in the line. There was something off about them, but I didn’t think they were dangerous. Just…. off. I headed down the street. I think Sandra lived next door to us. To me, at least. I’m not sure who all lived where exactly. But Sandra was setting up for some party. I think it may have been her birthday. Even so she was kind of young to be living on her own. Anyway, there was a fish tank outside and two huge metal drums in the driveway. They were actually metal drum casings, inside were multiple different xylophone bars arranged in sets. I grabbed a drum stick and started trying to hit the bars, but it sounded so bad. I gripped the stick differently and that sounded a little better, but I couldn’t keep hold of it. Then Paul showed up and started laughing. I explained that’s why I never played, because I couldn’t keep a grip so it never sounded right. I was a little wistful because I was sure if Eleanor was there she could have made them sound fantastic.

I left for a while, I’m pretty sure I ran into the teenagers again, but I don’t think anything came of it. I went back to the kiosk, but they were very busy this time and the lady didn’t have a chance to get to me. Sandra showed up saying she was sorry I missed the party, but she had a cup with some fish in it for me. The prizes that didn’t get won. I went back towards home and the drums were still set up. Paul was playing one of them and I was suitably impressed. I had forgotten he was in band, too. He was setting up some background rhythms with an electronic keypad attached to the drum. I sat and watched for a while then went inside so I could find a baggie for the fish so I could start acclimating them to my tank. This ended up being difficult. There was some side-project going on, but I can’t remember what it was. I think I was going to take a trip. There were also a couple of cats that kept following me around and getting in the way. One of them was really fat. Or perhaps dense? She had a certain kind of presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment