Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dream 02-25-06

I was traveling with 2 guys that I was apparently close friends with. We were in a car. We hadn’t traveled too far when we decided to stop. We entered some sort of general store and, apparently, attracted attention. We got cornered in the back of the store. Next thing I know is we’re outside, chained together, and the car is gone.

What we were left with was a metal frame with pedals and pulleys. It took a while, but somehow we learned to maneuver it. Unfortunately we were pretty well lost. We took a wrong turn and ended up on some tiny, broken down road that cut through a forest and over some dilapidated train tracks.
After returning to a real road we came upon an unusual street sign. It had about fifteen highway numbers on it, none of which were the one we wanted. We backtracked all the way to the shop and headed in the other direction. It was getting dark and we were getting pretty tired, but we did come across a road we recognized. About halfway down this road, it seemed like someone had changed all of the street signs. Regardless, we kept going. Then, where the road should have merged with a small highway, there instead stood a large school for girls. We continued anyway until we reached a dead end and had to turn around.

We turned into a side street to think about our next move. After only a few moments we got the feeling we were being watched, and closed-in on, once again. We headed straight ahead towards what should have been a bridge back home. Someone had turned the bridge into a boat crossing. After only a moment’s hesitation we abandoned our “vehicle” and jumped onto a ferry-barge that was mostly full and ready to depart.

Somehow on the boat we were able to shed our chains and somewhat blend in. We ran into a man and his daughter who had been in a similar situation and were also eager to get back home. We decided to split up.

After the boat ride, rather than going home I ended up in some sort of dollar store with about 6 or so people I knew, or at least thought I knew. There was some confusion inside which was a result of something going on outside. I sat on the floor (a handful of people already were) in the make-up aisle and started trying on different colors. A few I really liked I discretely stuck in my purse. At one point I either looked directly in a mirror or “saw” myself face to face. Shortly after straightening my lipstick I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment