Thursday, February 2, 2006

Dream 02-02-06

It began on a dark road. It was raining, pretty hard, and my windshield wipers weren’t working. I pulled over to see what I could do. A car or van pulled up, and I was offered a ride. I’m pretty sure I accepted.

We ended up somewhere very strange, yet oddly magnetic in it’s own way. There were 20-30 people in all, some I knew, some I didn’t. I was drawn to this guy, reminded me of Kumar only more mellow, more traditional at heart. A couple of us were gathered onto a little raft, but we ended up right back at this building.

Day and night passed quickly, but we never felt tired. When we got off the boat I came face to face with, I’ll call him K, on the pier. We started kissing passionately and even ended up on the pier making out.

We straightened ourselves and went inside. A couple of guys were making plans on how to get out of there. It was night. K went off to a far corner to look in a mirror, and I wandered into a kitchen. It was dark, I heard a “skitter” noise to my left. I looked in time to see a big bug cover up a smaller bug and eat it. Then a moth flew over and enveloped the big bug and ate it.

I left the kitchen to tell K what I had seen, but there was something going on. A lot of noise and people moving around. I found him and he had cut his hair and grown a little mustache. He said he wanted to get in touch with his roots. I fell into his arms nearly sobbing, said I wanted to do the same, but couldn’t. He asked what I was. I looked up into his eyes and he knew. We stood there just holding each other for a while.

When we went to sit down, there was some sort of scattered dance competition going on. I cleared my mind and stared off at a wall. I became vaguely aware of other things going on. Something with the raft and certain groups that had formed to discuss various things. Also something, I couldn’t quite put my finger on, that seemed almost beyond the building to which we were all confined.

When I came back to myself, someone had placed a crude plaque and some sort of . . . Paintbrush in front of me. Told me to judge the dancing. I looked to K for help and he just shrugged. I filled in what names I knew. I asked a girl next to me who the two blonde guys were. She told me, but it was so loud I didn’t catch it. The more I asked, the more obscured the names became. Finally I just dropped it on a far table and told someone else to finish filling it in.

I made my way back to K. He was sitting on a chair sort of in the kitchen. It was light now. I kneeled in front of him and rested my head on his leg. He started to stroke my hair. I asked him something. He seemed kind of shocked and said, “If you can focus, I will work harder for you.” I was taken aback. Felt almost let down. Yet when I looked into his eyes I saw only love and compassion. I felt something stir inside of me.

I was drawn out to the pier, following about 3 people I knew. He followed close behind. I looked at the water to find a place where I could kick off my shoes and dip my feet in, but it was too high and I didn’t want to get my pants wet. So I stood. We were discussing the raft, trying to figure out how we got there. I got a flash of something in my mind. A cave maybe? K came and went through my left pocket, pulled something out and stood back a little. I felt a tickle in my throat and woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment