Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dream 01-12-06

Aaron, Tim, Faith, Nathan and I were walking along these paths in the forest. (Like the ones in Germany) We’re not going anywhere or doing anything in particular, just talking. We went around this abandoned guard post and down a fairly muddy path. We ended up in a clearing on the edge of town. We all decided to split up, cuz we all had different stuff to tend to.

It was dark, and I was afraid of getting caught. By whom or what, I am not sure. Somehow I became dressed up as a nun. I was running (actual running, not dream running) through town, sticking to the shadows and between buildings. Our, all of our, apartment was right next to a Hindu-owned convenience store. I was gonna stop by there to pick up . . . Some herb, I believe. There was a fairly long, very open parking lot between me and there. I decided to make a run for it. When I was ½ way across, a car pulled in. They were gonna park next to the store, but then they spotted me (still dressed like a nun) and turned to park next to the building from which I had come.

Inside the store, I lost the nun outfit. The older guy that worked there was busy. The younger guy already knew what I wanted. He handed me a piece of paper and went off to get it. The paper looked like foreign money. It was folded in half. There was a woman repeated on it several times. She reminded me of Buddha, and she was nude. I was captivated by her eyes.

I was admiring her image when the older guy came up and snatched the paper from me. He said, “you cannot have this.” So I told him the other guy had given it to me, and he says “No, you cannot have this. You do not deserve this because you lack . . .” something about “Motivational something” Drive? Projection? I was in total shock, because he was usually very nice to me. The young guy came back with my bag looking both ashamed and apologetic. He handed me the bag and told me there would be no charge. I noticed the bag was heavier than it should have been. I said nothing. Only “thank you” and left.

On the short walk to the apartment building I peeked in the bag. Inside was a pair of finger cymbals, some what looked to be postcards, and other small, yet highly significant, trinkets. I thought that I needed to get a lockbox somewhere safe for important items like these, in case our apartment was ever broken into.

When I got upstairs (we lived on the second floor) the door was ajar. My heart began pounding and I thought “Doesn’t that figure?” nothing looked amiss, but I heard rustling further back. I set my bag near the door and grabbed a wooden chair. I headed back to confront the intruder, and it was Nathan. With a sign of relief I tossed the chair aside. It shattered when it hit the floor. This directed my attention to Tim and Faith sitting in the dining room. His back was to me, but I could see her very clearly. She was grinning like a fool and announced that she was pregnant. I never got to see his reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment