Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dream 04-30-06

I was a young woman who grew up in Chicago or NYC in the 60s & 70s. My dad was abusive, my mom was a drunk and my little brother was susceptible to bad influence.

I started out at our apartment. It was just me and some guy friends. I think there was a problem with rain getting in cuz everything seemed all wet. My boyfriend reminded me a lot of Aaron. Our friends were giving him a gift, I knew it was a dildo we had played with earlier. I went into my room to grab my jacket so we could leave. It was my denim jacket with the sequin harlequin on the back without the leather fringe. My room was very dark. Before we all left and parted ways I said goodbye to my little brother and noticed he was going cross-eyed. I was saddened by this and told him to take care of himself.

Outside I found my way to a nearby strip mall. All of the technology was from present day, though I estimated the year to be between ‘74 and ‘76. I noticed some sludge on the ground (from the rain) was drying up. A young man next to me said he wished he could read the animal prints so he knew which way to go.

I looked down and pointed out to him first by us where a pig had slid in the mud. Then several bird tracks, one from a group of birds. Then I noticed, entwined in the tracks, someone had made a track. It was a thin, black strip painted with fluorescent hearts, stars and spirals.

I noticed a man, mid30s, kind of nerdy looking with a digital camera. I tried to ask him if I could borrow it and he could send the pictures to me, but I don’t think he understood. So I went on.

I came to a nearby enclosed area. There was a man, mid30s talking to a rather short man who seemed scared to death and crying. Following him was a man who could not have been more than a foot tall, but his lower half was fused into what appeared to be a warped car steering wheel. The short man explained through his sobs that it was his friend who was supposed to be dead.

I told him I could help. I pulled out my cell phone to call a friend who was psychic. Oddly, the phone would not connect and he didn’t seem to want “my kind” of help anyway. Suddenly I got this intense feeling that I had to get home right away.

I was teleported to my front door, but it had been dry walled over. I found what seemed to be a weak spot and punched with all of my might. It made a hole, but not all the way through. I reached my hand in. The plaster was moist and crumbly so I hit it again and pulled out a hole big enough to crawl through.

Inside, most of the house had been dry walled over, especially my room. I ran into my brother in the hall. He was older, as if I had been gone for years instead of hours. He was very fat and fully cross-eyed now, taking orders from an older boy who was even fatter.

In the living room was my mother. She was passed out drunk on the couch, but opened her eyes when I came in. She told me she loved me, but that I had to get out RIGHT NOW! In that moment, I looked right and saw my dad lumbering at me, his eyes were huge and filled with rage. I turned to slip through the hole I had made and my mother called out that he never followed her through the tunnel. I barely escaped his grasp and knew he would beat her for helping me.

As I righted myself and looked for a tunnel I noticed the whole apartment building’s interior had been dry walled over, with only scattered squares cut out for those who wished to come and go. To my right was a jagged circular hole. I ran and slid into it. I found myself sliding fast down a large pipe. I was sliding through alternating wet and dry plaster, getting totally covered. Somehow as in my dark room earlier it was light enough that I could see. As I slid my heart filled and almost burst with joy as it conceived a melding of magic and mundane protection for all who found themselves in trouble. From human to animal to nature herself. I would call my psychic friend who would surely jump at the chance to help. We would unite and change the world.



I was back at the same apartment, still with some of the drywall up, only at a different time and with a different family. There was a fire somewhere in the building. It was spreading slowly, which gave us enough time to gather up all of the pets and get them outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment