Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dream 04-16-06

I was at the Racetrack by here to pick up smokes, only it was more like a quick mart with all of the novelty items. It wasn’t very busy. The manager guy, I guess, told me he’d help me out in just a sec. I shrugged and said okay. I made my way around to the back of the store. They had a bunch of candles and figurines, but what caught my eye was an open tray with an assortment of “energy” pills. 99 cents each. I contemplated just taking one, but every time I reached over someone came and stood right next to me and I had to act like I was interested in something else.

Finally I got my smokes and the guy walked me out to my car. We stood there talking and a few minutes later a van with flashing lights and a siren like an ambulance flew up the street. The guy said something I didn’t quite catch.

Somewhere between my parking space and the road I ran into Aaron and he got in. It was then that I realized how very dark it was. Like all the buildings and street lights were out. A lot of cars were running into each other, so I moved very slowly. As I made my way up the hill it turned into a wooded rural sort of road. There was a shed in the road on my right, and I slowed to a crawl to get past it. In the headlights I saw Elvis laying and asleep on the road in front of me.

We stopped, got out and woke him up. He promptly moved over a few feet and pooped. After that, for some reason, we tried to get him in a wheelbarrow. He jumped right back out and crossed the street to a bathtub. When we followed him we realized there was a cat climbing up the shower curtain. I woke up when we were trying to get him back across the street.



We were lying here, only everything was completely different. Our house was doughnut shaped, and Aaron and I had a mattress in the center with no roof. We had almost no grass and every time it rained we lost some dirt. We kept getting calls to fix it, but had no idea how.

Next door was a huge manor. And Asian/White mixed family lived there. Nearby was an office building where, in the lobby, we ran into Van Wilder. Interesting thing was I was trying to ask him about something that happened in one of his movies. Upon waking I realize it wasn’t one of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment