Friday, April 21, 2006

Dream 04-21-06

Aaron and I were on our very own island. There were other islands nearby, but the waters were rough making travel difficult. There was a mostly dead tree that was tipping over with half of it’s roots exposed. There was no building, but a large flat rock jutting from the ground at an angle that we used for shelter. I’m not sure if we actually lived there, but it was definitely a place we would visit often.

One of our neighbors on another island was having issue. He had gotten some large tribal-like piercing that were getting severely infected. So much so that he actually passed out on his riding mower. I think one of the other island neighbors actually got to him to help him.



Mom, for some unknown reason, had picked up a frozen penguin to try to cook and eat. Before going home we stopped off at a shop in this huge mall I’ve been to in dreams before. She pulled out the penguin and it had mostly thawed. She put it on a counter and started rubbing marinade into it. While she was doing this, the penguin came back to life. She was not deterred. She told me to put the penguin in the bag so she could refreeze it. As I was carrying the bag the penguin started nipping at my fingers. I knew I couldn’t let her kill it. When we got home, I pulled the penguin out of the bag and ran to a nearby pet store. A friend of mine worked there and said she’d be happy to help. There was a large display with all kinds of rescued animals. In the middle, and well out of sight, was a little freezer area with a few other penguins. Though greasy and funny smelling, my little guy fit right in.

I went back home and jumped on the computer. The programs were acting unusually and I couldn’t figure out how to connect to the internet. Mom came and yelled at me, but I wouldn’t give up the location of the penguin.

I had to leave for school, but I don’t think I belonged in the school I ended up in. I went to the bathroom, cracked a window and had a smoke. Out in the courtyard I noticed Robert M. I could tell he could see me, but not who I was. So I gestured with the pack of smokes for him to join me. When he came in, we each sat down, had a cigarette and we talked about a bunch of stuff from the past. Then a teacher came and I was forced to leave.

I found myself driving down a very wide, very confusing curve of road. I made a split-second decision to go left and ended up in a cavernous maze-like parking compound. I knew that was where I had to be for the next clue (?) to find my friend.

I got out of my car and walked up to a booth manned by Dr. Quinn. I gave her a 3x5 card with her name and some other writing on it and she gave me a different card and a pair of earrings I used to have.

I went around a corner to sit for a while and red-head Sandra came and helped me put the earrings in. They were much heavier than I remembered. She told me about a fight she had and how she was going to ‘fix’ it. I told her it didn’t seem like a very good idea karma-wise, but her mind was made up, and she took off.

Then night came. I dropped by a friend’s house so we could go dancing. On our way out we stopped a few times to pick up other friends who had decided to go too. Instead of dancing, we went to a late night carnival. I was disappointed at first. Then I went on some rides and had fun! I woke up right before I could get on the roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment