Thursday, April 6, 2006

Dream 04-06-06

I think I was at some kind of University lodge, or something. Outside a bunch of guys were showing their support for people who had fought in a war by having their left foot cut off and then reattached. It made sense at the time, I suppose. I was there as “moral support” for a friend and, like several who had gone before, once it was done he began to freak out. The nurse in charge of reattachment prep sedated him and I went to meet up with some people for a class field trip.

There were 3 or 4 of us, all nerds, and the teacher. We went to some enclosed brick area that was part of the military influence in the area. I don’t know what we were initially there for, but as we were sitting up on a brick wall some guy tried to rob the place. He set off three bombs before he was taken into custody. They didn’t do much damage, but our little troupe was hit by the shockwave. It felt like a band of pressure, like a hula-hoop.

We made our way back to the lodge to do some research. One of the guys borrowed my cell phone for some kind of port to crack into the system. I went to check on my friend. He was still sedated but recovering nicely. It was starting to get dark, so I went back to the bricked in area.

I snuck in to observe some people fiddling with something. Not sure if they were more robbers, or military people. One of my nerd friends (not the one with my phone) had joined me on the ledge. He appeared just in time for another explosion. This one much bigger than the ones before. Again, we were only hit with the shockwave, but this time the band reached form head to foot, the pressure lasted about 20 seconds and was pretty intense. Interestingly when I tried to breathe I had no problem doing so.

When it was over we got out of there pretty quickly. When we got back to the lodge area we were confronted by quite a scene. Many people were obviously ill and very violent (like zombies only still alive). We scrambled to save our pets and as many normal people as were left. I got my cell phone back when suddenly the other guy who was there and I were stopped in our tracks with one unified thought. “The Pulse” We laughed hysterically for a moment, secure in the fact that we could fix everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment