Monday, March 12, 2007

Dream 03-12-07

Aaron and I were in the woods with a guy who reminded me of Thomas Garner. Elvis was there too, so I waved my hand at him and sent him home so he wouldn’t get lost or hurt.

At first the woods were normal, but somehow we ended up in a place where everything was darker. The trees were gnarled, the grass was very high, and the dirt path was all muddy. A few other groups had been brought there was well. Word on the grapevine was that the Fae were looking for one of their lost family. As we walked along I began to see them, floating colored balls dashing across the path.

They led the three of us to an intersection where I found a rock-clue on the ground. Over time it had been knocked around, so I wasn’t sure where it was supposed to sit. When I picked it up I noticed some small gems in the mud. I thought it best to leave them there.

The rock had some unusual writing on it. There was a lens on one end and three rectangular mirrors on the other. The bottom was thin and smooth, like it was the part meant to keep it in place in the ground. The writing said to look through the lens to see the correct path, but that looking behind you in the mirrors would be bad. Not sure how. I looked through the lens and the path ahead of us shone brightly, so I was fairly certain that was the way to go. I put the rock back down where I was sure it should go and we continued down the path.

After a short walk we came to a building half hidden with vines. It seemed like an old church or meeting hall. There were about 20 people already inside. When we entered I got a lot of whispers and sideways glances. I was looking around a small room and realized I was holding a sheathed sword. I looped it onto my belt and headed for the large main room. I sat down on one of the many benches/pews and noticed some maps and puzzle cubes in front of me. I didn’t recognize any of the images, but noticed a few similarities between the images. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew we were close to getting out of there, we just had to push on.

It was not far when the path and the forest disappeared, giving way to a huge gulf of water. I heard a train coming and knew we had to get on it somehow. It came through the marshy area at a steady speed, not slowing down. It started going under the water so we were able to just jump right on. It went across the gulf and came to a huge bridge. We thought it best to get off there before we were caught. The bridge was under construction, but we managed to climb u onto it and headed East, away from the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment