Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Dream 01-27-16

Matt and I were lovers. Actually, at the beginning of the dream we didn't even know each other (odd since we lived very close to each other for a short while - even going to the same school), but once we met we got very close very quickly. This was problematic. Not just because I was married, my husband was never around anyway. His family was a tribe of nomad gypsies, mine was some kind of vampiric witches. The truce between the clans was uneasy at best. We spent most of our time together at his place. The only person around was his little sister and she didn't care about the clan politics.

Aside from being extremely physically close, we also shared parts of our family's rituals with each other. At one point he smeared blood on my arm (just a few drops) while showing me... I think it was some kind of leather shield. He was going to put it on top of the house "like it used to be" for when his brother came back. That's when I remembered seeing the big yellow house with the "big bear shield" as a kid. I think my 'remembering' is also what started the following trouble.

We spent the night curled up together in a big comfy chair. At first light someone kicked in the door and grabbed him. His sister was crying but managed something about someone building some kind of factory on their land? I tried to keep up, but there was a lot of commotion. We ran into a brand-new building, it was large and grey. I thought, "this doesn't make any sense" and suddenly I knew why. It wasn't some weird land takeover. It was a trial. My grandmother saved a seat for me, but then an elder counsel member told me to "grab the counter"... with an unspoken "like when you were a kid". That's when I realized I was the one on trial.

I was forced to stand naked in front of both tribes and the elder counsel with the "counter" and answer an onslaught of very invasive, not to mention painful, questions. Most weren't even about the affair, though some were. It took me a while to piece together, but I was being accused of summoning something. But I didn't! "you've been touched by the blood of a gimp"... I could feel the spot grow warm on my arm, but managed to maintain my composure. The only thing that saved me was the final part of the ritual involved sex. A certain kind. We hadn't had sex, though. My mother snarled, but the counter doesn't lie and I had to be let go. I dropped the counter and it was then that I 'realized' that this was the fourth time my mother had put me through one of these trials, the first when I was maybe four?

I looked to Matt for comfort, but there was none. At some time during the trial he had become cold toward me... or something, because he snapped back and chased after me when I ran (still naked) from the room. I searched for some place to cry in peace, but there was none. He cornered me easily, grabbed my arms and... I don't know. I suddenly found myself in front of a mirror with three blonde women vampire-witches of varying ages. They were talking about their hair. I woke up a little confused and somewhat upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment