Thursday, January 14, 2016

Dream 01-14-16

Mom was cleaning out the house. Seriously taking everything out, scrubbing the walls and floors, painting even. I couldn't even question it, just did what I could to help. I opened my car and started putting blankets and couch cushions (from our old, wood-framed couch) in the trunk. A giant roach the size of a dinner plate crawled out of somewhere and I had to use a cutting board to kill it. I was so grossed out I just left it there on the pavement. While I was trying to move the car seats mom came out and angrily shoved an ill-covered plate of food into my hands. She said something about wanting to reheat it and tupperware lids. John and Leila were in a car nearby. Aaron and I went to talk to them. I don't remember what was said, but I left feeling like trash. I noticed a bird pecking at the giant roach. We got into the car and drove off.

I think we ended up at a Walmart in Canada. Nina was working there and so was some guy who looked familiar. Jaime, maybe? There was some big scandal about Walmart taking certain stock, filling up a warehouse and renting it out for bigger profit. It was common knowledge in the dream, and mostly frowned upon, but the employees had to make it sound like a huge great deal and get people to sign up for it. Nina asked if we'd heard about "what they (Walmart) are doing for New Years". I said I had and she got all excited and grabbed a paper to try and sign us up. It was a loan application to entice us to rent more stuff. I kept making excuses when a guy walked by and handed her a piece of paper. It said "they're POOR". She went on a rant about how "you people should have to announce yourselves when you walk in so we don't waste our time". Aaron was incredibly upset and I was mortified. I wanted to retort, but just couldn't...

On the ride back Aaron was about to start in on his "I hate money" rant and I cut him off. I tried explaining how much he could make and all the stuff we could do. We ended up driving home, on an appropriately icy road, in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment