Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dream 03-23-06

Aaron and I were on an island in the Gulf of Mexico. We had Elvis with us. There was some bizarre kind of natural disaster, seemed like a hurricane or tornado, but there were tidal waves as well. Also, when all was said and done, about 75% of the population had vanished. We were only on an island, but somehow everyone knew that we weren’t the only ones affected. More unusual still was the lack of panic among those of us left and the lack of distrust as well. The main concern was how long things like electricity and plumbing were going to work with so few people left.

About half the people on the island got on a large ferry to head for the mainland. The rest of us headed for a large supermarket. By the time the three of us got there, large cafeteria style tables had been set up. We found a spot to sit and rest, and were approached by a woman. A volunteer, I assume. She gave Aaron some bags and a list of foods that would be good to pick up, and took me around to show me some good spots to camp should we spend the night. Then she handed me a set of car keys and left.

I found myself in the bathroom area. I went to tell Aaron we should stay and get our bearings in the morning. When I left the bathroom area, however, I emerged in a little diner. It was flooding fast and I did my best to stay afloat. At the other end a woman had a guy with a noose around his neck that was anchored to the floor. She was giving him enough slack to keep his head above water. She looked a lot like Sandra Bullock. As the water rose I soon had about an inch of breathing space. As that filled up I finally remembered I could breathe underwater. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

When I reopened my eyes I was outside the diner, sitting on top of an SUV (my new car, apparently) and what I saw filled me with awe and almost dread. To the North and West of me I could see the tops of buildings I knew to be much further away. The sphere topped building in Dallas, the Empire State Building, the Space Needle and a couple more, all brightly lit up against the night sky. Most disturbing was an almost definitely floating shape of a squared diamond, like two pyramids with their bottoms flat against each other. It seemed solid and transparent at the same time, and for all of it’s straight lines it was also very spherical. As I got in the car and drove (the key I received earlier did indeed fit) I tried to tell myself it had been part of a landmark building, but deep down I knew it wasn’t true.

In the light of day I found myself parked in front of a university. I made my way around to the back. Halfway there I ran into a guy, he looked like a kid, but I knew he was much older. We had an immediate bond. We ended up in an open theater type are with very plush seats. There was a professor talking to the few people seated there. Just beyond the seating was some sort of reconstruction. In the sports fields a group of people were erecting several large metal claws. Single claws, not sets, all spaced apart from each other in a way that seemed to symbolic for comfort. The guy/kid had sat down to listen to the professor, so I grabbed my keys and wallet from him before looking for food.

Inside the University I walked straight through a candy shop and ended in a lobby where I ran into an old friend, or so she seemed. I didn’t consciously know her, but outwardly we were like long lost best friends. She knew where Aaron was, so I told her I’d be right back.

I went into a bathroom. There was a woman standing by the sink with a baby stroller and another woman on a toilet in the corner. I first sat by the woman with the stroller, but then things began to move on their own. I knew then that both woman and child were spirits and I moved over next to the other woman in the corner. I peed and got out of there as fast as I could.

Making my way back though the candy store I picked up some things that looked good. When I met back up with my friend in the lobby I had to get my keys and wallet from her before continuing. She led me out to where the SUV was parked. There was Aaron, with Elvis, on a grassy little divider. He had run into some family and brought them with him. As I approached, Elvis started rolling around in the grass. He ended up nestled right in an ant nest! I ran over and gently pulled him out and started wiping all of the ants off. Thankfully he was unharmed.

I hugged Aaron and he told me about a deli across the street. That had some people making sandwiches. Good ones. We all decided we’d stop by and then head somewhere to pick up some new clothes. I got right up to the door of the deli before waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment