Monday, February 13, 2012

Dream 02-13-12

Oh hell I hate that dream. I think most, if not all of the elements, have been in my dreams before. This time, though, things ended quite differently and I’m not sure I’ll get to go back. Except maybe to the grocery store. I’m pretty sure I didn’t start there, but that’s the first thing I remember. It was the small grocery store with the “off” meat and it was really dark. I remember walking into it from outside. Aaron and I were in a rush to find something for dinner. I grabbed a handful of loose spaghetti noodles and he was looking at a big $12 brisket, but we didn’t have that much money and it was already 4:30? I think that was the time. Anyway, we didn’t have enough time to cook it. Even though we didn’t *really* have the money I told him to grab it, but we had to get something else for tonight. I passed a pastry table and saw his phone and grabbed it and kept walking. I checked the phone and the background was really off, but I can’t remember why anymore. It wasn’t his phone, though. The name at the top of the screen said “Rick” or “Ricky”. Aaron held the phone and we passed some kind of weird arcade or something (still in the same store) and asked an employee next to an elevator and he said something helpful, but then this guy came out and said it was his. I’m not sure how I figured out he was lying. Something about Aaron being a phone person finder employee guy and if he gave me the number I could call the “dummy” phone. He got all huffy and walked off. One of the register ladies let me use her phone-intercom to page the real “Rick/Ricky” and I made kind of a short announcement speech. I couldn’t hear myself on the speakers, but everyone else liked it. I got a weak applause and two of the register ladies flashed their lights in a kind of salute. The guy looked like Jon Lovitz, but he’s the reason I know I didn’t start there because I had met him earlier in the dream. I climbed a ladder to give him his phone, and it’s a good thing I did because everything below that floor was filling up with water. This guy (who also acted like Jon Lovitz) was really happy to see me and twirled me around. He convinced us (me and Aaron and a guy who was with him) to jump into the water. I think he kind of pushed/flung me.

Aaron wasn’t with me when I left the store. Or, he started to be, but then he kind of transmorphed into Beth somewhere along the line. Before getting to the next destination we passed some more figures in a small alley between two buildings who were also familiar, but this didn’t go the same either. There were two guys in…. clothes of some kind (they seemed out of place and I can’t remember why) and two guys in gorilla suits sort of prancing around a gorilla stand-up. It was flat, like a display. They were trying to act like they weren’t selling something, but they were. I called them out as scammers and spent a little time talking to one of the clothed guys about how nobody falls for scams anymore and the only people I have even a modicum of respect for is hackers because you gotta be “SMART” to get around some of that stuff (firewalls, I assume) these days. He got really mad and…..

….. I don’t know exactly if that played out or if I just ended up at the last place. I had been here before, too, except I didn’t realize it at first. I think Beth was still with me, but I don’t know why she was scared of the displays. One was some weird kind of bread, so I thought it was another grocer; but it was obviously an oddity museum of some kind. The next display was a jawbone with demonic-looking teeth which I jiggled out of the way (it was behind glass) to reveal two tiny alien looking skulls. An older lady in a rocking chair alerted me to some stones on the floor. These seemed really familiar and really important. When I touched them they glowed. Beth stepped on one and music came out. That was the last I saw of her because I got absorbed in the rocks. Touching them and hoping I could figure them out. There was one that was like a polished cat design (they were all flat on the floor) and one had a crack and I could feel hot air. I wasn’t sure if it was the rocks or a draft coming up from under the trailer. Then a guy came in, tall and wearing a suit…. grey or brown. He said… something about it not working that way. I stood up and faced him and then all of a sudden he was behind me and I was standing behind the stones, but they were different. Raised up. He told me to put my right foot on the “grey one” which I had to lift my leg over another large jutting stone to do. I put my left foot on another stone and sat/straddled the rock and then suddenly when I looked up everything was different. There were displays moved a foot or so to the left and I named off the things I saw which were more like novelties than oddities. Nutcrackers, more nutcrackers or possibly smokers, feminine products, some kind of shampoo or something. As I was talking I got the feeling I was seeing how the “store” used to look in the past and more people had come in and I got really uncomfortable. I got off of the stones and was surrounded by…. Some of them looked like kids. I’m not sure if I fell or if one of the little bastards pulled me off, but I ended up on the floor and suddenly I remembered “Check and see if it (the kid eyeing me) bit you!!” That became really important (from some previous dream, I think) so I rolled up my sleeve to check. There was blood, which was odd because it didn’t hurt, and a scratch, but I was pretty sure that was from the rock and not the…. Whatever they were. Creatures. I knew that. They were closing in. I think they may have gotten me last time, but this time I practically exploded past them through the door, made a quick turn-around in mid-air and set the entire building (the trailer was attached to another building, long and white) on fire. I was scared at first because I only saw flames in the window of the “other” building (second story floor at that), but then I saw some of the creatures running out and a giant fireball rolled out the door. I was drifting backwards in the air while watching this, but this guy (suit guy) was…. Like, in charge or something (definitely stronger than the rest) and I knew I had to get away. I flew off and tried to snake between buildings and ended up on top of one across….. “town” I guess, but the “town” was only about 3blocks by 3blocks big. I was on top of this three story building watching and waiting. Suddenly a chair flew out of nowhere aimed directly at my face and I couldn’t fight anymore I just wanted to wake up so I shook my head as hard as I could and thankfully I did wake up.

I’m not sure if it was in the doorway as I was flying out, or as I was forcing myself awake, and of course it’s broken off. There’s more from the beginning I don’t remember, but in my head I could hear a low, husky and somehow wispy male-ish voice singing in my head:

“-and no one knows, there’s a guy who’s called-”

I have a feeling it was something important about the guy in the suit, but if I never find out I think that might be ok, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment