Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Introduction

  Welcome to my dream diary.  A few people have expressed interest in a dream blog, so here goes nothing.  I only have recorded dreams dating back to 2005, though I have been doing this for much longer.  What is "this" exactly?  An active interest in my dreams and what they might mean.  It all began when I was about 8 years old.  I don't recall too much of my dreaming habits before then, but perhaps before then it didn't matter.  Until one night I was sleeping in the top bunk.  I had this dream which I still remember with near perfect clarity:

"It was dark and I was standing outside of a giant tower.  Stone, like you would imagine finding attached to an old castle.  I went through the large wooden door and made my way up the spiral staircase.  Though I was walking slowly it didn't take me long to reach the top.  At the top was another large, wooden door.  I opened the door and inside was some sort of creature person standing behind a giant cauldron brimming over with bubbling green goo.  This person embodied the green-faced witch, but was definitely a man.  As soon as he saw me all at once he was flying across the room and was inches in front of my face."

  I woke up suddenly trying to scream, but it was stuck in my throat.  To make matters worse I could still see the face!  I went to the bathroom hoping the light would erase the image from my eyes (it did help) and vowed then and there that no dream would ever have such a terrifying effect on me.  Somewhere deep down I knew that they were my dreams and somehow I could control them if I tried hard enough.  I never had a nightmare that ferocious again, and from that day I've developed a handful of dream talents through sheer determination.  It was after that night that I began to recognize certain recurring dreams (like the stairwell that turned into a slide and shot me through a plate glass window) and that once I recognized I had dreamt it before I could change things (like grabbing onto the window pane, or stepping over the trigger step) and it was exhilerating.

  So there you have it.  My meager beginnings.  Over the years I remembered clearly a great many of my dreams upon waking and it made me happy.  The things I learned (breathing underwater, flying, etc) seemed novel and exciting, but I didn't really think it could lead to anything.  Which is why recording my dreams came so late.  Didn't know anything about lucid dreaming or astral projection or dreamwalking or any of the great possibilites stemming from dreamwork.  I know now, though, and will work hard to reach my full potential.  I'm happy to know I have a solid foundation and that overshadows all of the "if only"s.  Now sit back and enjoy your travels through my subconscious.  I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment